Lucifer Episode 1 (2015)



Definitely feeling that adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman spinoff character. I can only hope they make equally awesome tie-ins to Constantine as well as other amazeballs comic-book-based stories. I've always been about the sympathetic side to The Devil. Indeed, in Jewish mythology, Satan isn't really all that bad. In fact, he might just be part of the whole plan. Which is kind of how I've always thought of Lucifer Morningstar.

Sure, the show may be a procedural crime drama on the surface. It may even be a little banal for The Devil to be all soft-kitty-purr-purr for some rando mortals, but there's a lot there beneath the surface ripening to my liking. More importantly, Tom Ellis is a damned bad (and by bad I mean good, in the most corrupting possible way) Satan.

Oh, and that soundtrack. I'm just a sucker for those gut-bucket Blues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Leandro Crime Rates: What's Happening?

A Brief History of Zionism

HOPE for Housing in San Leandro