Losing All My Fucks


When I was a young child I was loud and passionate and imaginative and full of questions. When I got a little older, the world forced me to hide my brilliance behind a facade of docility, because being different is inconvenient for adults and prey for bullies. So, I became very good at pretending to be whatever was expected of me. I was quiet. I was obedient. I was small.

It nearly killed me. More than once. 

Now, as a grown-ass man, I refuse to live within the cages around my joy or the shackles bound to my soul. I have learned how to be my own champion and I refuse, I reject, I renounce all ties that would bind me from being exactly who I am. My life is for living and I'll never let anyone tell me or my family not to be as awesome as we want.

I lost all my fucks a long time ago in the chaos of those childhood scars and pain. But in the process, I found myself instead, and now I try to help others find themselves too.

This is for unapologetically existing. This is for my ancestors, for my love, for my children, for my descendants, for my people. This, right here, this moment of reclamation is where true power resides. It lives within our deepest essence, in the dark places people fear to tread, where the roots are twisted and the water flows. This is where it seeded. This is where it grows. This is where I wrestled against a world of hatred, anger, fear, sorrow.

This is from where I emerged, triumphant.

Take note and take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Leandro Crime Rates: What's Happening?

A Brief History of Zionism

HOPE for Housing in San Leandro